Capture life beautifully
$150.00 per person
Next class starts TBC
Registration opens TBC
Teacher Nikki Olivier
If you’ve ever looked at the LCD on your expensive, new camera like, “I wish I knew how to use this thing better,” keep reading. Imagine creating a photo that takes you back to those favorite moments with your children that seemed like yesterday. These are the photos that are on my walls and it feels amazing to glance at my favorite memories daily. I want to teach you how to create photos that you’re proud to hang on your walls! With summer approaching, take a second to think about your favorite summer activities. I will help train your eyes to become like little shutters and make you more confident in using your DSLR, or even your camera phone, so you can quickly execute that shot to remember when in the moment.
With limited classes, these seats sell out quickly.
Reserve your seat today! NEXT CLASS: TBA
What this 2 hour Workshop is about?
- Easy to implement today topics such as light, composition, seeing photo opportunities, and discovering the things you want to capture - all things you can do without camera knowledge to improve your photos fast
- Basic Gear - what’s out there, what’s affordable
- Why shoot in manual mode? Brief explanation of the exposure triangle: Shutter, Aperture, ISO
- Overcoming, ‘But my kid won’t let me take their photo!’ Taking candid photos to evoke memories and tell a story.
- Approx 30 minutes of shooting practice and Q & A
- 6-10 ladies max to allow for ample time for each individual. This class is paired best with your bestie & a good bottle of vino or mimosas. If this date doesn’t work for you, consider hosting your own workshop with me and earn your seat for free. Email email@example.com to set it up.
- Fun! We’ll laugh, you’ll learn, and most importantly, you’ll walk away with a better understanding in how to photograph those everyday memories of your family.
What this class isn’t:
This workshop is not about the business end of photography or how to start your photography business. We will not discuss professional photography vendors for print products.
- This workshop does not cover post-processing techniques. I recommend a one on one mentoring session with me for editing help. © 2017, Nikki Olivier Photography
- This workshop doesn’t not cover posing or prop/backdrop set ups. This is about documenting everyday life, not styled or rehursed AKA - UNPLUGGED, story-telling images about your journey and life.
- New friendships with other area mommy photography enthusiasts
- Invitation to private Facebook group for Workshop Attendees for support, questions, & to post photos showing off what you’ve learned!
- BONUS MATERIAL: A Manual to work through at your own pace with challenges to try new techniques and push your learning
What to Bring:
- Your camera (while a DSLR is not required, I recommend a camera with manual settings), a notebook/pen, a positive attitude
- Your camera manual
Cancelation Policy: Seats are non-refundable, however, you may transfer your seat to someone else should you end up being unable to attend.
Is this class for you?
You value well-crafted visual messages, and it’s time to give voice to your own. This class is for beginners or intermediates looking to strengthen their technical skills and learn how to shoot in manual mode. This is the perfect place to start if you find yourself fumbling with settings or you have never taken your camera off of "auto" mode.
Other Course Dates: TBA
Join my provate Facebook "Capture Life Beautifully" group to keep up to date with new ideas, workshops, tips and tricks for better photographs!